Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Memories

It's wonderful to be home, although I really was having a wonderful time (besides the heat and smells), I wasn't really anxious to get home, I guess having my meals, bed and laundry done and visiting wonderful places was really a vacation for me. In addition, I had Simon, Rachel and now Sarah with me so it was a great trip.

Now we're trying to get over the jet lag which is a bit of a bummer. The girls have been waking up the last 2 nights at 2:00 and then we've been taking a super long nap, actually I think some of the times of sleeping have been a very deep sleep. Not good if you're trying to get back on CA time.

So after a bit of a nap this morning and keeping the girls busy with a visit to the library, shoe shopping, and the pool, Sarah feel asleep at dinner. After I woke her up and tried to walk her upstairs to get her into bed, (she's way too heavy to carry), she started crying. (like what is this crazy lady doing, one minute I'm eating, and haven't finished and now she's dragging me upstairs. So I took her back down the stairs and Rachel and I showed her the video and pictures we had taken when she had falled asleep while eating and when she sees the pictures and video, she got the biggest smile on her face and then went back to eating. Aaaaah memories.

Wish I had a picture to show you, but that willl have to come later when Simon comes back from his visit to England to attend Pete's graduation. Way to go Pete, so sorry we'll miss the celebration. Would love to have seen you graduate!

So instead of today's picture I have put some pictures that didn't originally make the cut but thought they were worth putting in Sarah's book as a memory, girls doing a puzzle and Sarah taking a picture, Rachel with friend Sophia, also in China to get a little sister. (very sweet, always had a camera, taking pictures), Simon in the pool with the girls (we had to wear swim caps). notice I didn't put a picture of myself because I thought this one was way cuter. Couldn't remember the last time I wore a swim cap, must have been when I was a kid. (Oh those memories). Simon and Rachel at site of Bejing 2008 Olympics, Sarah trying to take control of the microphone from our guide Amy. There is also a photo of an apartment on the way to Hong Kong from Guangzhou with clothes hanging in almost every porch. (I think I recognized one of my shirts hanging there from sending out our laundry).

Well that's it for the day. I'm going to bed so if the girls are still on China time tomorrow, I'll be ready.
Debbie


























































No comments:

Post a Comment