Friday, August 14, 2009

Older teaching the younger about baking, life, etc. and the circle continues

Since we’ve been home the girls and I have had the opportunity to do a bit of baking. As I stood back, watched and listened, Rachel read the instructions to Sarah, showing her how to measure, break eggs, giving her lots of pointers, wash your hands, well (or Mom won't let you in the kitchen), I was reminded of the many times Rachel and I baked together and I thought “what am I doing”, the kitchen is going to be a mess, she’s going to be a mess. But someone wise once told me that as we teach our children, they in turn will teach others and the younger the better, while they are still interested in learning. So, I smile and am reminded of the messes we made back then, but how beautiful it is to see Rachel teaching Sarah.


(October 2005-Rachel 3 years old)













No comments:

Post a Comment