Saturday, May 22, 2010

Visit to CT to celebrate Papa's 85th Birthday

A visit to Nana & Papa's house is always fun. This visit, we got to celebrate Papa's 85th birthday with a party. It's always wonderful to go back to where I spent my childhood and watch our girls play in the same backyard that I played in as a child and be reminded of all the time spent helping my Dad in the yard.
My Dad and I built a deck together for around our pool, lugged trees from the back woods to plant in our yard, grew vegetables, raked. It didn't matter, I got to spent time with my Dad., so thanks, Dad for giving me a love for planting flowers, enjoying the birds, and gardening, so I can pass the joy on to my daughters. May they always take the time to "smell and enjoy the roses".
















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment